The Safe Free Download Site

Why not become a full member?, it's fast, free and allows you to participate in our forums and add or comment on our free software, leave reviews, access unlimited free downloads and more! - we NEVER share your details with anyone else, that's a promise! ... REGISTER FREE TODAY

");

XWinSpector with Extras

2 replies to this topic

#1 Claw

Platinum Poster!

• Advanced Member
  • 283 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 07:11 PM

I just installed XWinSpector, but I found I really didn't need this program so I uninstalled it. While uninstalling it took me to a shopping page which I closed off. Going through my programs I noticed something called, "RebateRobot Online Shopping".
    I checked Add/Remove and sure enough there it was. I clicked on the program to be taken to the same shopping page as earlier.,with a chance to download more add-ons,so I uninstalled that to. I just wanted to let you know ,when you download XWinSpector you get RebateRobot Online Shopping "WITHOUT ANY NOTICE" !!!!

#2 marko

Platinum Poster!

• Root Admin
    • 25,435 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 07:23 PM

I'm not seeing the same as you claw, but what I did notice is that the installer redirects and re-downloads an additional add-on which was Sweet IM - to me, that's somewhat deceiving, rather than openly include such an add-on they have chosen to have the add-on downloaded during the install which means scanners won't pick it up initially - a trend which is growing and one which I'm not putting up with on the site, I'm basically fed up with developers now trying all kinds of tricks to slip under the radar so although I can't confirm you got the RebateRobot add-on from XWinSpector, I can confirm they are including Sweet IM which isn't something I want anyone here downloading - removing all their software from our listing :) Added to current list of bad freeware
      Cheers mate :good:

#3 Claw

Platinum Poster!

• Advanced Member
      • 283 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 09:08 PM

Thanks Marko,,when it took me to the shopping page it say "get more great freeware, but mostly it was a major advertisment for soap products and coupons. Also a green button telling me to "Download More Great Add-ons". I know how you feel about this kind of deception so I wanted to make sure you knew!!!! :good:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users