Safe Freeware

Why not become a full member?, it's fast, free and allows you to participate in our forums and add or comment on our free software, leave reviews, access unlimited free downloads and more! - we NEVER share your details with anyone else, that's a promise! ... REGISTER FREE TODAY

");

New Software Suggestion

14 replies to this topic

#1 Claw

Platinum Poster!

• Advanced Member
  • 522 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 04:05 AM

Marko, when I open IE it always opens maximized,,but when I open other programs or click icons I made like the FreewareBB icon, when the window opens I have to maximize it. This happens all the time. I found a tool to fix this ,just install ,right click the icon in the notification tray ,,click scan just once and everytime a window opens it's maximized automaticlly. This is one "really useful easy"program.
    Auto Sizer: http://www.southbaypc.com/autosizer/ You may want to give it a look when you have time.

#2 Gremlinn

Platinum Poster!

• Advanced Member
    • 163 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 01:36 AM

Should be some setting to get the results you want buddy. Do you only use IE? Have you tried firefox and it still does this?

#3 Claw

Platinum Poster!

• Advanced Member
      • 522 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 02:48 AM

Hey Grem,,I'm moving this conversation to General Chat/Off Topic,,go there!!!!

#4 Claw

Platinum Poster!

• Advanced Member
        • 522 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 03:04 AM

Ok, now,like I said IE always opens maximized and so does Firefox and Chrome,,but I made some icons,,one for FreewareBB(the penquin),,Yahoo Mail (mailbox) ,Gmail, Hotmail,yes I use them all. I even had Hushmail for work!!!! When I clicked an icon it always opened minimized , so did some other programs I have. Now I downloaded that very small utility. I clicked the icon in the tray , hit scan just once and from now on all programs open maximized. If I install a new program I just hit scan,,that's it. I know all the tricks like , hold down shift while clicking the x to close ,,same as hold ctrl and click x,,but none really worked . This is a one click never worry about it again deal. It's really very small and other than the icon in the tray ,,you forget you have it!!!!

#5 Gremlinn

Platinum Poster!

• Advanced Member
          • 163 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 04:32 AM

How did you make your shortcuts? Right-click the desktop and make a new shortcut like that? I've made them myself and they open for me at full size. Try this place..

http://support.microsoft.com/fixit/

#6 Claw

Platinum Poster!

• Advanced Member
            • 522 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 04:56 AM

It's not really a problem for me,,it was really a problem for a few people I know who just needed that sort of help. I only had three icons not open max for me,but that seemed to do the trick. I looked it up and found out that it's a "very popular" program,,so I figured I'd let Marko know about it, . All total after install its size is only o.27mbs and it basiclly takes up no resources,,it just sits there out of the way.

#7 Gremlinn

Platinum Poster!

• Advanced Member
              • 163 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 05:22 AM

Ok,well if you have something that works..good :)

#8 Claw

Platinum Poster!

• Advanced Member
                • 522 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 05:43 AM

I'll tell you one thing buddy,,you see Jim ,,that man is like the "Godfather" of freeware. I seriuosly don't think you can find another person out there with more knowledge of freeware than that man. Sir Jim,,Lord Jim,,or any title you want to give him,,,,he commands "Respect" !!!! Trust me the same goes for the "Commander in Chief" Marko,,those are two of the best out there !!!! :good:

#9 marko

Platinum Poster!

• Root Admin
                  • 25,677 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 08:00 PM

Moving to 'suggest and request' forums :)

Will take a closer look at this a little later and consider adding it to the site.
                    Please remember that we have people from many different timezones on the site and if your post requires a reply it could take longer at some at some points because of this.

Forums
                    New Freeware on the site
                    Updated Freeware on the site
                    RSS Subscribe
                    Report bad freeware here

#10 marko

Platinum Poster!

• Root Admin
                    • 25,677 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 07:41 PM

Sorry it took me so long, taking a look just now and will add to the site :)
                      Please remember that we have people from many different timezones on the site and if your post requires a reply it could take longer at some at some points because of this.

Forums
                      New Freeware on the site
                      Updated Freeware on the site
                      RSS Subscribe
                      Report bad freeware here