The Safe Free Download Site

Why not become a full member?, it's fast, free and allows you to participate in our forums and add or comment on our free software, leave reviews, access unlimited free downloads and more! - we NEVER share your details with anyone else, that's a promise! ... REGISTER FREE TODAY

");

Excel Add Ons

Excel Add Ons

6 replies to this topic

#1 FutureShock

Advanced Member!

• Advanced Member
  • 37 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 06:55 PM

Hello Marko if you're out there this AM (EST)...have an iquiry of FBB. Are Excel Add Ons freeware if they are free and unassociated with any unsavory program elements?

Might be interesting to have a section completely devoted to this little realm of software. Especially nice to be able to read the reviews, I think...

#2 marko

Platinum Poster!

• Root Admin
    • 25,530 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 08:21 PM

Hi FS, I'm not sure I follow what you mean - there will be a number of excel addons out there, some free, some not, until we had an idea of which addons we were talking about I'd have no idea I'm afraid.

As for a devoted section, are we still talking about excel addons or addons in general?. If we're talking about excel addons, then given excel is a commercial product I'm not entirely sure I'd be targeting things properly. If we're talking about addons for programs in general then we have a number of addons throughout the site at the moment in the relevant categories - I think that's the best way to sort addons, by category, rather than making "addons" a category - don't you think? :good:
      Cheers
      Marko
      Please remember that we have people from many different timezones on the site and if your post requires a reply it could take longer at some at some points because of this.

Forums
      New Freeware on the site
      Updated Freeware on the site
      RSS Subscribe
      Report bad freeware here

#3 FutureShock

Advanced Member!

• Advanced Member
      • 37 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 09:26 PM

I agree Marko that it's nice to find all files in one place. Thing is there are a number of Add Ons out there it seems.

I hadn't thought about this until now, but what do you think about placing the add on downloads on the download page for the program? I think it would be nice to be able to surf through add ons, too in a separate category.

As for which ones. I only have one add on for Excel currently...it's called "Trim Spaces". Nice little tool used to trim leading and ending spaces off of raw data when it's imported. Couldn't be any simpler.

I did do a search around the net for Excel tools, and the area seems to be growing with new tools. Many of them are not free as you mentioned, but I ran across some nice sounding ones that were free. Nothing I needed at the time, but nice finds I guess.

I trust your sovereign judgement on how to run FreewareBB Marko, so what you say is what counts. Just some observations from around the net. Sorry to say I didn't get in and look around for add ons here at FWBB before inquiring. Don't know why but I have some trouble navigating through the programs unless I know what I'm looking for by name...

#4 marko

Platinum Poster!

• Root Admin
        • 25,530 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 10:43 PM

One thing we've always looked at is improving is the search facility on the site to make things easier to find, but unfortunately it's almost an impossible task - we will be taking a closer look again this year on how we can further enhance and improve the search system so stay tuned :)
          Please remember that we have people from many different timezones on the site and if your post requires a reply it could take longer at some at some points because of this.

Forums
          New Freeware on the site
          Updated Freeware on the site
          RSS Subscribe
          Report bad freeware here

#5 FutureShock

Advanced Member!

• Advanced Member
          • 37 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 10:53 PM

I think I speak for everybody Marko...thanks for all the effort you put into FreewareBB. Looking forward to seeing where things go. You're sitting on a treasury with all the great freeware downloads you've got, so it should be a fun ride...

#6 Claw

Platinum Poster!

• Advanced Member
            • 374 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 11:00 PM

I second that,,FS.

#7 Gremlinn

Gold Poster!

• Advanced Member
              • 79 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 01:34 AM

Me 3rd that ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

" } ); } $('gbl_d').update( "" ); _last = ipsLightbox.lightboxImage.src; } } /* Check for init and then keep checking for new image */ _to = setTimeout( "gbl_addDownloadButton()", 1000 ); } //]]>