Welcome

You have just arrived at the ONLY download site which performs multiple safety checks on both software AND the developers who make that software. We will not tolerate bad freeware on our site and always listen to our members when they have concerns and remove bad freeware, and we certainly never put profit before pride which makes us one of the most pro-active, responsive, transparent and trustworthy freeware download site's on the net!.

Don't just take our word for it though, check out our Forums and see for yourself, and then why not become a full member, it's fast, free and allows you to participate in our forums and add or comment on our free software, leave reviews, access unlimited free downloads and more! ... REGISTER FREE TODAY

"); //]]>
");

Google tracking

6 replies to this topic

#1 Gremlinn

Gremlinn

Platinum Poster!

• Advanced Member
  • 255 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 05:56 PM

Pretty sure we have some sort of Google service in use and i see where they are making a major change in policies..

http://www.ghacks.net/2012/01/25/google-to-start-tracking-users-across-services/?_m=3n.0038.411.sh0ao02hmf.f12

I never did trust them as far as them tracking our movements in order to send ads our way and who knows what else they do, which is why i don't use Chrome. You guys hear about this?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 Claw

Claw

Platinum Poster!

• Advanced Member
    • 774 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 06:43 PM

Everyone knows Google has a large grip on things,,but I don't think your "neck" is supposed to be one those things.

#3 Gremlinn

Gremlinn

Platinum Poster!

• Advanced Member
      • 255 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 09:04 PM

Lol, time for me to stick to alternatives

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#4 marko

marko

Platinum Poster!

• Root Admin
        • 25,946 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 09:16 PM

We have a couple of issues from where I'm sitting ... the first is a, somewhat, reluctance for many people to stop using Google - it's almost a given now that when people are searching for something they'll instinctively hit Google - however, even if someone were to break the habit and refuse point blank to use Google or any of it's services ever again, chances are, almost every site you visit (including ours by the way) will use Google in one form or another, such as to serve advertisements or capture statistical data.

As far as I've always been led to believe, if you're not signed in to a google service then you won't be subject to the same possible tracking from Google as you would if you were signed in. That said, I don't know if they still capture IP or geographical information, I would guess they would.

So, there are a whole new set of rules ahead and from what I've read about, it mainly concerns the amalgamation of all your Google services - so if you are signed in and made a search for something, the next site you visit could possibly serve up an ad relating to your last search. That's all fine and dandy, but the key for sites like ours is to serve ads relevant to the content, so if you were searching Google for a mountain bike and came to our site looking to download a program to crop images and saw an ad for a mountain bike (based on your last google search), I wonder what the possibilities are you would click that ad?.

It's all very mysterious sounding to me, like most things concerning google, but at the end of the day, they'll do what they're doing and most probably get away with it - this is what happens when one company gets too big for it's boots .. bit like MS who were pulled before the European Committee and told exactly what would be happening unless they began to break up the mighty beast that was MS !!
          Please remember that we have people from many different timezones on the site and if your post requires a reply it could take longer at some at some points because of this.

Forums
          New Freeware on the site
          Updated Freeware on the site
          RSS Subscribe
          Report bad freeware here

#5 Claw

Claw

Platinum Poster!

• Advanced Member
          • 774 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 10:56 PM

Controversy after controversy,,that's what makes the web go around. It also is what makes a whole lot of "MONEY".Like Marko said,,Google will do what Google wants,,and you know what?? So will we. Unless some little upstart somewhere sneaks up out of nowhere and poses a viable threat to the Google empire..."He Who Has The Most Toys Wins"!!!!

#6 marko

marko

Platinum Poster!

• Root Admin
            • 25,946 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 12:32 AM

Maybe we should have a searchbb.com :)
              Please remember that we have people from many different timezones on the site and if your post requires a reply it could take longer at some at some points because of this.

Forums
              New Freeware on the site
              Updated Freeware on the site
              RSS Subscribe
              Report bad freeware here

#7 Claw

Claw

Platinum Poster!

• Advanced Member
              • 774 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 12:59 AM

I'm in boss. It really is almost a monopoty when it comes to something like that. I mean,,I watch t.v. at night and I see commercials for Google,,Yahoo,,Bing. They're like the "Big Three" here in the U.S. You know sometimes bigger is not always better,,but we are not really given much of a choice. Sure there are smaller lesser known out there but the "Big Money" goes for the bigger payback.. Sponsors put loads on dollars into one project only when they know the project will give dollars in retun. Substance and ethics have no place among the way things are and the way they should be. You don't have to collect data on Claw,,, if you want to know something,,,,"JUST ASK".
                By the way Marko ,,been wanting to ask,,How did " FreewareBB.com " get its name. Freeware ,I get,,,BB????