Create Your Own Free Blog On FreewareBB!!

Did you know, as a member of FreewareBB you can create your very own Blog!!. Share your passion for something, express yourself, share your idea's and network with others - it doesn't necessarily have to be about freeware but the more relevant to computing in general, the better ... MORE INFO

"); //]]>
");

Ultimate PC "set and forget" Freeware Protection

set and forget protection ultimate security novice best protection

38 replies to this topic

#31 Claw

Claw

Platinum Poster!

• Advanced Member
  • 729 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 06:45 AM

You made youself very clear BobJam, Jim just doesn't want somebody else makng money on an idea he didn't think of first.Lol.".Just Joking Jim" :rofl: But seriously,,I have been exactly in the position you're speaking of. I have a thing called "Caller ID" on my phone,,when it rings I look at the ID screen and see who's calling and then decide if I want to answer it or not. No home should be without it!!!! Really though , if users would take 30 seconds to just make sure their AV is up to date and another minute to update and scan with Mbam or SAS ,,they would really know how easy it is to keep relatively safe and secure. Sometimes they may even like the feeling independence and satifaction of being self-reliant.

#32 marko

marko

Platinum Poster!

• Root Admin
    • 25,880 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 07:17 AM

Guys, we've went a little off topic with this one, we're looking for a practical setup which can offer an inexperienced computer user maximum PC protection with minimal user intervention - let's stay focused :good:
      Please remember that we have people from many different timezones on the site and if your post requires a reply it could take longer at some at some points because of this.

Forums
      New Freeware on the site
      Updated Freeware on the site
      RSS Subscribe
      Report bad freeware here

#33 James (Jim) Hillier

James (Jim) Hillier

Platinum Poster!

• Super Mod
      • 1,017 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 08:44 AM

Sorry Marko, you are quite correct.

One last response to BobJam: I apologize BobJam if the repetition I used caused any offense, that was not my intention at all. It was obviously meant for emphasis but not directed at you mate, more at anyone who might be contemplating such a notion. I have been there done that and learned yet another lesson in life.
        Jim Hillier - Managing editor Daves Computer Tips.com

#34 BobJam

BobJam

New Poster!

• Members
        • 9 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 11:23 AM

OK . . . back on topic.

Though I'm not that familiar with it, I would vote for Jim's candidate of MSE as a realistic middle ground between the fantasy of absolute "set-it-and-forget-it" and minimal user intervention.

I've heard other praises given to that piece of software, and with Jim's added endorsement (though I'm a Microsoft basher at heart), this pretty much pushes me over the line there.

MSE is my vote.

(BTW, Jim . . . no need for apologies . . . I think we're both on the same wavelength: No such thing as "set-it-and-forget-it.")

#35 Claw

Claw

Platinum Poster!

• Advanced Member
          • 729 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 03:36 PM

Sorry buddy. Avast,,Windows Defender,,Comodo-for friends. For me-Mse,Mbam,SAS.

#36 HIPPYSURVIVOR

HIPPYSURVIVOR

New Poster!

• Members
            • 4 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 07:26 PM

View PostClaw, on 31 January 2012 - 05:39 PM, said:

Avast-antivirus,,,,Windows Defender -antispyware...Comodo Firewall
              I have been using Comodo Internet Security Premium and swear by it. I highly recommend it.

#37 Claw

Claw

Platinum Poster!

• Advanced Member
              • 729 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 08:18 PM

Hey,,HIPPYSURVIVOR,,wow,, a woman after my own heart. Name"s Claw,,just cut my "very" long hair last year,,miss it everyday.
                Always hear good things about Comodo.Don't be a stranger,,and go crank out The Stones and good ol" Led Zeppelin,I do !!!!
                Rock n Roll,baby. :good: :good: "PLAY IT LOUD"

#38 TRY

TRY

Advanced Poster!

• Advanced Member
                • 13 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 08:41 PM

Avira free and Panda free and Private firewall are nice too

#39 Claw

Claw

Platinum Poster!

• Advanced Member
                  • 729 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 08:54 PM

Panda seems to be making a few leaps up the security ladder. It may still have the same issues with it, but I've been running into quite a few users who are really happy with it. It's all going to be up to Panda to make strides in improvements.The good ones all started somewhere.