Welcome

You have just arrived at the ONLY download site which performs multiple safety checks on both software AND the developers who make that software. We will not tolerate bad freeware on our site and always listen to our members when they have concerns and remove bad freeware, and we certainly never put profit before pride which makes us one of the most pro-active, responsive, transparent and trustworthy freeware download site's on the net!.

Don't just take our word for it though, check out our Forums and see for yourself, and then why not become a full member, it's fast, free and allows you to participate in our forums and add or comment on our free software, leave reviews, access unlimited free downloads and more! ... REGISTER FREE TODAY

"); //]]>
");

FireFox

5 replies to this topic

#1 Claw

Claw

Platinum Poster!

• Advanced Member
  • 774 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 05:36 PM

This is almost an update of earlier post. I remember telling and asking for help when my Firefox 9 didn't produce a start page. All the tweaks and changing this and allowing that,,and still nothing. This went on all through the different versions of FF9,,including the betas !!!! "UNTIL"!!!! When I went to the first FF10 beta,,,,,"BINGO",,there it is my start page,,not a blank,,not my Google homepage,,but the genuine intergrated with Google FF start page. I've been following every version and updating beta after beta,,and so on ever since without a snag !!!! And ,yes,,I agree with Jim,, FF10 is very much an improvement in speed. Don't blink,,a new version is probably rolling out as I type this!!!!

#2 Gremlinn

Gremlinn

Platinum Poster!

• Advanced Member
    • 255 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 01:47 AM

I rarely will use a beta..had a few bad experiences so now i wait until a final comes out. I'm using Cometbird, which is built on firefox and updates almost version to version. Firefox is on 10 now and Cometbird is on 9.01
      It's always been a bit faster than FF, so i'm waiting to see what v10 of the Bird brings me!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#3 Claw

Claw

Platinum Poster!

• Advanced Member
      • 774 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 02:28 AM

I hear ya,,, after I posted the first post I went and hit "about firefox" and the beta update channel updated me to version 11. I never used betas either but I seem to like the FF betas,,,,,so far.

#4 James (Jim) Hillier

James (Jim) Hillier

Platinum Poster!

• Super Mod
        • 1,030 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 08:00 AM

Well Chrome was in Beta for 2 years or more guys. With these rapid release policies becoming ever more popular among developers, I reckon we can expect Beta versions to also become more prevalent. I will install Beta but I will not install Release Candidate (RC), they are often just a little too green, even for my taste. :)
          Jim Hillier - Managing editor Daves Computer Tips.com

#5 Claw

Claw

Platinum Poster!

• Advanced Member
          • 774 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 03:34 PM

It almost seems as if Chrome never gets out of Beta !! As long as it does it's job..I guess that's way it will be!! What I would do is ,if a version of a browser works good I just stayed on that version for a while. But I went through all the versions of FF9,,without a FF start page. I just used my usual Google homepage. Then when I hit on the first beta (in 10) my FF start page was there. Never could figure it out. You know how many phases of FF9 there was. No FF start page for any,,until the Beta !! :scratch_one-s_head:

#6 Gremlinn

Gremlinn

Platinum Poster!

• Advanced Member
            • 255 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 05:26 PM

I don't use Chrome and i'm pretty happy with Firefox and Cometbird, but everyone has their own preference

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image