The Safe Free Download Site

Why not become a full member?, it's fast, free and allows you to participate in our forums and add or comment on our free software, leave reviews, access unlimited free downloads and more! - we NEVER share your details with anyone else, that's a promise! ... REGISTER FREE TODAY

");

Spybot?

22 replies to this topic

#21 James (Jim) Hillier

Platinum Poster!

• Super Mod
  • 924 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 12:14 AM

I've still seen plenty of machines running avast and other top names which have became infested with all manner of trojans and spyware so it does also then beg the question of how good our antivirus protection is these days (but then again, there's no accounting for what some people do to their machines!)
    Ain't that the truth Marko!!

It wouldn't matter how good the security products were for some people. Security begins between the ears, if that space is vacant then there's not much anything or anyone can do to help.

Jim Hillier - Managing editor Daves Computer Tips.com

#22 Claw

Platinum Poster!

• Advanced Member
    • 424 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 02:29 AM

Got that right Jim,,you an put out a lot of "dollars" on security when all you need is a little common "sense". Most users hear the words
      "layered protection" and "shields" and think they're wearing a bullet proof vest ,,inside of a tank. Some users rely on "word of mouth"and what they read in advertisements. Most have never read a "comparative report or two" just to get that extra edge while choosing their security arsenal.

#23 Gremlinn

Platinum Poster!

• Advanced Member
      • 109 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 04:27 PM

That's why i make efforts to keep up on the latest info from multiple sources; a few PC mags online, other security forums,TV, reading lots of reviews. Even with a layered security in place, it's still possible to be infected so there is no magic bullet.
        I tell you, if i could, anytime i'm online, i would be in virtual mode. Speaking of security, there are numerous security hacks and adjustments one can make to further secure your pc, like to close ports and reduce privileges. Even with all of that, there is still no guarantee but you will be less vulnerable.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users