The Safe Free Download Site

Why not become a full member?, it's fast, free and allows you to participate in our forums and add or comment on our free software, leave reviews, access unlimited free downloads and more! - we NEVER share your details with anyone else, that's a promise! ... REGISTER FREE TODAY

");

Can anyone recommend a light and fast notepad repacement?

16 replies to this topic

#11 Gremlinn

Platinum Poster!

• Advanced Member
  • 119 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 06:01 PM

In searching for a notepad replacement, i also found that there are many programming editors out there that have the features i need so maybe i was looking for the wrong thing..lol
    I did find one that i'm pretty happy with, AkelPad, which is featured here:
    https://freewarebb.com/files/file/2364-akelpad/

I will give the Crimson Editor a spin Wolf, thanks for your help!

#12 Claw

Platinum Poster!

• Advanced Member
    • 442 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 06:43 PM

Hey Grem,,what's shakin' dude?? Crimson Editor is a very good choice I hear . A pal of mine swears by it.

#13 Gremlinn

Platinum Poster!

• Advanced Member
      • 119 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 09:09 PM

Not much bud, just my belly :rofl: You been ok?
        I installed it and tried it for a few minutes so i'm going to go back and fiddle with it to see what it can do. :)
        I have an appointment now so i have to go out in the wet cold weather..brrr! :girl_cray2:

#14 bolgwrad

Advanced Poster!

• Advanced Member
        • 27 posts

Posted Yesterday, 01:46 PM

ConTEXT and Akelpad are more to my taste - but is there a tabbed RTF editor?

#15 bolgwrad

Advanced Poster!

• Advanced Member
          • 27 posts

Posted Yesterday, 01:49 PM

Yes, there is and it's TINY - http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/669/kPad-A-lightweight-WTL-based-text-editor

#16 Gremlinn

Platinum Poster!

• Advanced Member
            • 119 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:16 PM

I have to join to download but thanks anyway. I've tried Crimson and it's indeed awesome but i've gotten used to AkelPad now so i think i will settle for that and use Crimson as a backup. Thanks everyone for your help, i would have had a heck of a time trying to decide on my own..lol

#17 Claw

Platinum Poster!

• Advanced Member
              • 442 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:53 PM

No problem Grem buddy,that's why we get paid the big bucks,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,hey,,wait,,we don't get paid !!!! :rofl: