Welcome

You have just arrived at the ONLY download site which performs multiple safety checks on both software AND the developers who make that software. We will not tolerate bad freeware on our site and always listen to our members when they have concerns and remove bad freeware, and we certainly never put profit before pride which makes us one of the most pro-active, responsive, transparent and trustworthy freeware download site's on the net!.

Don't just take our word for it though, check out our Forums and see for yourself, and then why not become a full member, it's fast, free and allows you to participate in our forums and add or comment on our free software, leave reviews, access unlimited free downloads and more! ... REGISTER FREE TODAY

"); //]]>
");

A Littlle Help

19 replies to this topic

#11 Claw

Claw

Platinum Poster!

• Advanced Member
  • 773 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 05:10 PM

Did the "unhide" thing that worked as usual. Combofix wont run,,TDSS Killer won't run ,,BitDefender online scanner won't even load . All is working at the moment but it wont last. Works real well in ToolWiz TimFreeze. Was going to run Ubuntu ,,but not now. My seventeen yr. old step-son,,took his music that is in storage and loaded it into my computer so he can put music on CD. His has no CD player (Win7 Starter). "I WASN'T HOME",,,,,,,,,,Well when he put the music in the back-up he also backed-up a virus,,I guess. Put music in my pc ,,virus went "TOO". Been at this since Friday mornining. All Restore Points no good,so I just wait and work ,,but I think A REDO may e i order !!!! Chased his dumb *ss all the way to his school ,,where he hid,,(school is 2 city blocks away) almost got him so I got him when he got home,,,,,,,That's all I can say.

#12 Gremlinn

Gremlinn

Platinum Poster!

• Advanced Member
    • 255 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 06:11 AM

I shouldn't laugh but i can see you chasing him now..lmao!

Dang dude..sounds like you got a bad one. If i couldn't run anything in safe mode, my last effort would be trying a live cd or 2.

http://www.avg.com/us-en/226386

http://support.kaspersky.com/viruses/rescuedisk?level=2

http://download.bitdefender.com/rescue_cd/

Just burn and boot from these and see if they can get rid of the virus. Other than that, you may have to reinstall. Hope this can work for you bud, i hate a reinstall too!

EDIT: i forgot about these two also...

http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/

and the famous Hiren

http://www.hiren.info/pages/bootcd

Edited by Gremlinn, 19 February 2012 - 06:41 AM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#13 marko

marko

Platinum Poster!

• Root Admin
      • 25,942 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 08:29 AM

I would actually highly recommend a bootable rescue disc at this point too (good call Gremlinn), the AVG rescue disc (https://freewarebb.com/files/file/10664-avg-rescue-cd/) can be downloaded, burned and ran really easily Claw so definitely worth a scan using that - keep us informed on how you get on :)
        Please remember that we have people from many different timezones on the site and if your post requires a reply it could take longer at some at some points because of this.

Forums
        New Freeware on the site
        Updated Freeware on the site
        RSS Subscribe
        Report bad freeware here

#14 Gremlinn

Gremlinn

Platinum Poster!

• Advanced Member
        • 255 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 02:14 PM

Thanks Marco. It didn't occur that you would have it here; i shoulda known,you cover a very wide range here! :)

I've collected quite a few live cds and keep them in my toolbox.Some even run a tiny XP like version in case i need to recover something. Let us know what happened, Claw.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#15 Claw

Claw

Platinum Poster!

• Advanced Member
          • 773 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 02:28 AM

Thanks Marko and Grem,,,I thought of the CD,,but by the time I got to really check out the pc,,it was virtually impossible to touch.
            Firewall on,,pc says off,,doesn't see my anti virus,,redirects me,,installers are corrupted,generic host win 32 gone,,half my services gone,,crap load of system files gone,etc.,,etc. I could go on forever. Come Monday morning,,,formatted and reloaded. Soon as that is done,,I'm making a rescue CD . Never happen again. Step-son is 17,,and taller than me but I made him "CRY"!!!!
            Hey Grem,,what's that tiny XP like version???? Man I was ticked,,the pc has 4 bad sectors that I can't recover,,but it's my favorite one,,and now this.All he had to do is when he plugged in the drive,,,just scan it. Well ,,I start with a clean slate,,which I guess can't hurt,, I put that pc through hell and back.
            Thank you again Marko and Gremlinn,,it's good to have friends you can count on. :good:

#16 Gremlinn

Gremlinn

Platinum Poster!

• Advanced Member
            • 255 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 02:49 AM

When you say gone, you mean deleted? Jeeze, that sounds like a nasty bug there!

I can't remember which cd ran the tiny XP right off hand..let me get back to you with that.
              Maybe you can set that Toolwiz Timefreeze to run automatic when the son is around ;)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#17 Claw

Claw

Platinum Poster!

• Advanced Member
              • 773 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 04:15 AM

Step-son,,as is I stepped all over him!!!! Yea Grem,,couldn't find them,,ran tweaking .com and it either failed trying to repair files or "such and such file don't exist",,,it's bad. Went into my hidden files and it looked like a checker board,,file,file space,file space,file,you get the point. But it will be taken care of now. The boy supposed to be moving out in a couple of months,,that could just save his health. And I'm "not laughing" !!!! :angry:

#18 Claw

Claw

Platinum Poster!

• Advanced Member
                • 773 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 04:40 AM

Hey,,,I've ben trying this out ,,so far ,,so good I'm on that pc that was seriously infected. All clean and I think,,just think I may have repaired it. Only time will tell.

#19 Gremlinn

Gremlinn

Platinum Poster!

• Advanced Member
                  • 255 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 03:47 PM

Which tools did you use?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#20 Claw

Claw

Platinum Poster!

• Advanced Member
                    • 773 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 04:23 PM

I finally got Combofix to run, then I came here to re-download Tweaking.com-All-in-one repair . Then I ran that on custom with all boxes checked. Seemed to do it ,,,so far.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users