Welcome

You have just arrived at the ONLY download site which performs multiple safety checks on both software AND the developers who make that software. We will not tolerate bad freeware on our site and always listen to our members when they have concerns and remove bad freeware, and we certainly never put profit before pride which makes us one of the most pro-active, responsive, transparent and trustworthy freeware download site's on the net!.

Don't just take our word for it though, check out our Forums and see for yourself, and then why not become a full member, it's fast, free and allows you to participate in our forums and add or comment on our free software, leave reviews, access unlimited free downloads and more! ... REGISTER FREE TODAY

"); //]]>
");

Vista Hybernate and Sleep modes

7 replies to this topic

#1 ptech

ptech

New Poster!

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 12:55 AM

Hey there,
    I'm not sure if this is the right forum to ask about this sought of thing, if it's in the wrong place can you please tell which and let me know where it should go.

I have friend who wants to run his Vista Home Prem computer without Hybernation or Light sleep mode, when I went to show him how, (right click blank desktop, Personalise, screensaver, etc) he asked is there an easier way?

Hmm, I did some searching and found a command line tool to turn off hybernation, powercfg -H. However I cannot find a similar commant line tool to turn off Light Sleep Mode.

My idea was to create a .bat file to run from the desktop to switch off both Hybernation and Sleep mode, I have even found a commant line tool to bypass Run As Administrator. http://int3.de/download/Elevate.zip.

The next step is to use Vista's IEXPLORE to create an executable zip file, and it worked for turning off hybernation, but not the sleep mode. I would appreciate any idea's or help, thanks ptech

#2 Claw

Claw

Platinum Poster!

• Advanced Member
    • 774 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 03:47 AM

I don't know of any programs off-hand,,but Marko or JIm may have better luck. Has your friend looked into a program called"caffine"???? Works for me when I need it. https://freewarebb.com/files/file/10179-caffeine/

#3 James (Jim) Hillier

James (Jim) Hillier

Platinum Poster!

• Super Mod
      • 1,030 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 06:17 AM

Hey ptech - I really don't understand why you would need software in order to do something which is so easy and readily available via the OS's own settings/options.

Start>Control Panel>Power Options>Change plan settings>Change advanced power settings>Sleep.

Expand the Sleep option and change settings for Sleep, Hybrid Sleep, and Hibernate to suit. It's a 10 second job!
        Jim Hillier - Managing editor Daves Computer Tips.com

#4 Claw

Claw

Platinum Poster!

• Advanced Member
        • 774 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 07:42 AM

Thanks Jim, I really wasn't too sure that option was that easy in Vista,,but I knew either You or Marko or both would make the right call. :good:

#5 marko

marko

Platinum Poster!

• Root Admin
          • 25,946 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 08:00 AM

I'd favour tweaking the options as well Jim ...

Attached Image: 28-02-2012 07-57-51.png
            Please remember that we have people from many different timezones on the site and if your post requires a reply it could take longer at some at some points because of this.

Forums
            New Freeware on the site
            Updated Freeware on the site
            RSS Subscribe
            Report bad freeware here

#6 ptech

ptech

New Poster!

• Members
            • 5 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 02:14 AM

Hey there, thanks for your replies, my friend just wants to do one or two clicks with the mouse and have job done, with Vista you have to go further into the options to set the whole of Windows and he didn't want to do that.
              So I thought that if there was a program that could change all Windows settings with just a double click and a reboot, it would make life easier for him or anyone who wasn't too sure about changing hybernation or sleep mode settings for all users of a Vista computer.
              Claw, thanks for the info on "Caffine", I've had a quick look and it looks prommising.
              Oh, and something else I got wrong, the correct command for creating an executible containing multiple files is "IExpress" sorry for the mixup.

#7 ptech

ptech

New Poster!

• Members
              • 5 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 02:38 AM

Hey there, thanks for your replies, my friend just wants to do one or two clicks with the mouse and have job done, with Vista you have to go further into the options to set the whole of Windows and he didn't want to do that.
                So I thought that if there was a program that could change all Windows settings with just a double click and a reboot, it would make life easier for him or anyone who wasn't too sure about changing hybernation or sleep mode settings for all users of a Vista computer.
                His other option was to have me change the settings everytime he needed to have them done, all OK if I have time.
                Claw, thanks for the info on "Caffine", I've had a quick look and it looks prommising.
                Oh, and something else I got wrong, the correct command for creating an executible containing multiple files is "IExpress" sorry for the mixup. Thanks again for your help, ptech

#8 Claw

Claw

Platinum Poster!

• Advanced Member
                • 774 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 03:16 AM

You're very welcome,,ptech.