67 replies to this topic

#11 marko

marko

Platinum Poster!

• Root Admin
  • 26,201 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 11:29 PM

View PostBala7, on 29 February 2012 - 09:59 PM, said:

Marko, yes I do have permission to give out that key.
    Bala, I wouldn't have doubted for one second that you would have posted anything other than ligit mate - although I was sure Beta's in the past didn't need serial keys, they simply expired after so many days - maybe I'm confusing it with another MS line of products though :good:

Please remember that we have people from many different timezones on the site and if your post requires a reply it could take longer at some at some points because of this.

Forums
    New Freeware on the site
    Updated Freeware on the site
    RSS Subscribe
    Report bad freeware here

#12 Claw

Claw

Platinum Poster!

• Advanced Member
    • 929 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 11:41 PM

Bala was just covering his,,,,,butt,,,because you're such a "bulldog", Marko. Lol,,Lol.

#13 James (Jim) Hillier

James (Jim) Hillier

Platinum Poster!

• Super Mod
      • 1,082 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 11:54 PM

Yes, I do understand that part Bala but there is already a universal key available on the official download site which anyone/everyone can use. So I don't understand why it is necessary to provide another key. Unless I am missing something.

@Marko - That was always my impression too mate but I wonder why MS has included a universal key on the the official download site; e.g. Win8 32-bit/64-bit English is DNJXJ-7XBW8-2378T-X22TX-BKG7J

Maybe for particular circumstances as suggested by Bala or maybe they've changed the system and a key is now required. I guess I'll find out later when I install.

Cheers...Jim
        Jim Hillier - Managing editor Daves Computer Tips.com

#14 Bala7

Bala7

Gold Poster!

• Advanced Member
        • 80 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 01:29 AM

Perhaps this short article may clarify:
          http://techie-buzz.com/softwares/windows-8-product-key-consumer-preview.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+techiebuzz+%28Techie+buzz%29
          Those who would surrender liberty for security deserve neither liberty nor security. ~ Benjamin Franklin

#15 marko

marko

Platinum Poster!

• Root Admin
          • 26,201 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 07:47 AM

So, MS are saying that we have a "preview" and a "beta", the "preview" doesn't need a key and the "beta" does. The "preview", when downloaded directly from MS will install without a key required, whereas the ISO version can be burnt to DVD but will then require a key. Sound like MS have jumped on the ole "let's confuse the hell out of everyone" bandwagon? :crazy:

As for the key, I simply think Bala has provided a note of it in case anyone here may miss it on the MS site.

Just added W8 preview to the site also: https://freewarebb.com/files/file/11522-windows-8-consumer-preview/

Please remember that we have people from many different timezones on the site and if your post requires a reply it could take longer at some at some points because of this.

Forums
            New Freeware on the site
            RSS Subscribe
            Report bad freeware here

#16 PCRacer

PCRacer

Platinum Poster!

• Developer
            • 147 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 08:35 AM

From what I have seen, read and experienced of Windows 8, it is completely the same as Windows 7 except that it is completely fixed and has a few tricks up its sleeve.

Like no more restarts after updating your system, now that I like most :good:

But hey, that's just me. :pardon:
              If you don't like it, don't use it or blame me for it!

#17 marko

marko

Platinum Poster!

• Root Admin
              • 26,201 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 08:38 AM

Well for me, I reckon if I managed to drag myself from my beloved XP over to Windows 7, then I can probably do the same for Windows 8. I won't, however, be making the move for some time to come though - probably in years to come when I have to buy a new laptop, as I certainly won't be purchasing an upgrade or anything like that and if the truth be told this is when most people would make the move - basically, when they "have to".

Forums
                New Freeware on the site
                RSS Subscribe
                Report bad freeware here

#18 James (Jim) Hillier

James (Jim) Hillier

Platinum Poster!

• Super Mod
                • 1,082 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 11:19 AM

Thanks for link Bala, yes that does explain it mate. :)

Although, as Marko said, seems MS is intent on confusing the cr*p out of us mere mortals.

I'm going to install Win8 in a VM later, probably tomorrow or the next day. Will be interesting to take a good look at the new OS, I'm still not convinced it will be for me - only time will tell.

Cheers, and thanks again Bala.
                  Jim
                  Jim Hillier - Managing editor Daves Computer Tips.com

#19 Bala7

Bala7

Gold Poster!

• Advanced Member
                  • 80 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 05:43 AM

This is about to get a bit dizzying...
                    There maybe as many as 9, that's right, nine editions coming later this year...
                    1) Windows 8 Starter
                    2) Home Basic
                    3) Home Premium
                    4) Professional
                    5) Professional Plus
                    6) Enterprise
                    7) Enterprise Eval
                    8) Ultimate
                    and 9) ARM devices.
                    Those who would surrender liberty for security deserve neither liberty nor security. ~ Benjamin Franklin

#20 Claw

Claw

Platinum Poster!

• Advanced Member
                    • 929 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 07:39 AM

Going to be kind of hard to fight all that temptation. "I must be strong".Thanks Bala. :good: