Safe Freeware

Why not become a full member?, it's fast, free and allows you to participate in our forums and add or comment on our free software, leave reviews, access unlimited free downloads and more! - we NEVER share your details with anyone else, that's a promise! ... REGISTER FREE TODAY

Happy Mothers Day Mums!!

Happy mothers day to all the mum's out there, here's hoping you get at least ONE DAY off this year :)

");

Media Cope

media audio video

4 replies to this topic

#1 marko

Platinum Poster!

• Root Admin
  • 25,759 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:04 AM

Removing our support for Media Cope after the new installer forces the installation of Babylon on users machine, changes home page and search defaults.

++++++++++++
    UPDATE
    ++++++++++++

This software DOES include the ability to OPT OUT of the babylon toolbar - this was an oversight on my behalf - apologies to all concerned :)

Edited by marko, 07 March 2012 - 10:08 AM.

Please remember that we have people from many different timezones on the site and if your post requires a reply it could take longer at some at some points because of this.

Forums
    New Freeware on the site
    Updated Freeware on the site
    RSS Subscribe
    Report bad freeware here

#2 Claw

Platinum Poster!

• Advanced Member
    • 635 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:21 AM

Well that s**ks,didn't know if I could say that or not. Man Marko,,this is becoming a daily routine you've been going through lately.
      I take it that when you say "forces",,, that means no opt-out ??

#3 marko

Platinum Poster!

• Root Admin
      • 25,759 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 09:14 AM

None whatsoever claw, not from the GUI anyway, may be possible to install without all the addons via switches but that's not something most would do so for me, it's a forceful install and as such it's history :)
        Please remember that we have people from many different timezones on the site and if your post requires a reply it could take longer at some at some points because of this.

Forums
        New Freeware on the site
        RSS Subscribe
        Report bad freeware here

#4 jjj

Gold Poster!

• Advanced Member
        • 73 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 09:58 AM

Marko - just checked the installation of MediaCope from my other computer and the option not to install Babylon is there (after the download but before installing)
          Went to its authors site and the option is there as well , seems to be the same as my original install, which has shown no unintended
          problems.

#5 marko

Platinum Poster!

• Root Admin
          • 25,759 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:05 AM

Woops, my bad on that one jjj, you are totally right - I think what happened here was my computer hung for a second as I was installing so I somehow managed to skip right past the options for Babylon giving me the impression none existed ... will re-list the software with a warning regarding third party installation :)

Thanks for the confirmation :good:

Forums
            New Freeware on the site
            RSS Subscribe
            Report bad freeware here