Safe Freeware

Why not become a full member?, it's fast, free and allows you to participate in our forums and add or comment on our free software, leave reviews, access unlimited free downloads and more! - we NEVER share your details with anyone else, that's a promise! ... REGISTER FREE TODAY

Have you LIKED FreewareBB yet?

Why not share FreewareBB with the rest of the world and LIKE US ON FACEBOOK!. You will also automatically be entered into our Euromillions Weekly Draw!.

");

Ask FreewareBB

ask a question

45 replies to this topic

#31 Gremlinn

Platinum Poster!

• Advanced Member
  • 207 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 07:23 PM

I've used it and i kinda like it. I'm trying to wean myself from google and this got alot of positive comments,though it takes some tweaking to make it how you want it. Right now, i prefer this:
    https://startingpage.com/eng/

#32 Claw

Platinum Poster!

• Advanced Member
    • 634 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 08:20 PM

Been there Grem,,that's another good one.

#33 James (Jim) Hillier

Platinum Poster!

• Super Mod
      • 996 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 09:20 PM

Duck Duck Go is a search engine which is gradually making up ground on the big guns. I don't believe it will ever make too much of an impact on the likes of Google and Bing though. Not because it doesn't deserve to, more because it doesn't have the huge corporate backing of the others.

We (FreewareBB) have featured Duck Duck Go in the past:
        https://freewarebb.com/newsletters/freeware-newsletter-11-09-10.html#REVIEW:_Duck_Duck_Go_
        https://freewarebb.com/topic/60100-duck-duck-go-new-unique-search-engine/
        Jim Hillier - Managing editor Daves Computer Tips.com

#34 Claw

Platinum Poster!

• Advanced Member
        • 634 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 03:36 AM

I would like to know if my buddy Marko,,is a Grandpa yet????

#35 marko

Platinum Poster!

• Root Admin
          • 25,755 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 09:38 AM

Certainly am mate - Oliver Mark David was born on 9th March 2012 and weighed 7Ib 8oz ... everything looks fine and hopefully he'll be getting home with mum and dad today - still a lot of running around to do so apologies cause I'm not as active as I am normally :)

Please remember that we have people from many different timezones on the site and if your post requires a reply it could take longer at some at some points because of this.

Forums
            New Freeware on the site
            Updated Freeware on the site
            RSS Subscribe
            Report bad freeware here

#36 Claw

Platinum Poster!

• Advanced Member
            • 634 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 04:29 PM

Family first buddy. Congratulations to everybody,,now comes the "best" part. If you don't mind me asking,,is this Williams first?? Hope that's not too personal.Tell them Claw wishes them all the luck in the world. Marko and your wife will be great at being grandparents,,trust me,",take care of that little bundle of joy " (that last line came from my wife) Take your time, all's well on the site
              we're on patrol.lol. :good:

#37 Gremlinn

Platinum Poster!

• Advanced Member
              • 207 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 07:33 PM

Congrats Granpapa! Cheers to the whole family :good:

Also, i was wondering how could i access the list of files i marked to follow for updates and comments? When i clicked on content i follow, i get a list of posts from the forum,not files that i had marked. I know i get an email when one is updated or a comment is made but i wanted to see a list of total files marked by me.

Edited by Gremlinn, 11 March 2012 - 07:41 PM.

#38 TRY

Advanced Poster!

• Advanced Member
                • 13 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 07:56 PM

Congratulations Marko on becoming a Grandpa and also to the rest of your family.
                  Something tells me that you are going to spend most of your having fun with your Grandson :man_in_love:

#39 Claw

Platinum Poster!

• Advanced Member
                  • 634 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 08:33 PM

Hey Grem, buddy, why do you have to be so difficult?? lol.lol. Good question though,,even I want to see that answer.

#40 marko

Platinum Poster!

• Root Admin
                    • 25,755 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 07:29 AM

View PostGremlinn, on 11 March 2012 - 07:33 PM, said:

Also, i was wondering how could i access the list of files i marked to follow for updates and comments? When i clicked on content i follow, i get a list of posts from the forum,not files that i had marked. I know i get an email when one is updated or a comment is made but i wanted to see a list of total files marked by me.
                      Thanks for the congrats guys :)
                      You should be able to see a breakdown of all the content you have followed through "Content I Follow" and down the left hand side column you will have different headings to choose from like "Forums", "Downloads", etc. Just choose "Downloads" and that should show you a list of all the files you have "followed" :)

Attached Image: 12-03-2012 07-29-16.png
                      Please remember that we have people from many different timezones on the site and if your post requires a reply it could take longer at some at some points because of this.

Forums
                      New Freeware on the site
                      Updated Freeware on the site
                      RSS Subscribe
                      Report bad freeware here