");

Card File Program?

5 replies to this topic

FutureShock

FutureShock

Platinum Poster!

• Advanced Member
  • 636 posts
    Hey, Marko.Just popped over here to see if anyone knows of a good card file program like the old one in Windows 3.1.

Looking to put ideas in some order, so I think it would be the ideal solution...

Thanks in advance...

FutureShock

FutureShock

Platinum Poster!

• Advanced Member
    • 636 posts
      Marko found this little one called Jot Card File that reminded me of that little ping pong ball character when I saw the name of the program.It's supposedly better than 3.1's MS Cardfile...stores more information per card.Doesn't allow for pics or vid insertions however.That would really be ideal for me.This is the link to this freeware:

http://kingstairs.com/products/jot/downloads/utilities/

Runs on XP but I found the link to this download on a bulletin board.Someone said there it won't run on 7.Perhaps in XP compatibility mode?

Gremlinn

Gremlinn

Platinum Poster!

• Advanced Member
      • 271 posts
        I ran it on my wife's laptop with no apparent probs although i don't have a clue to what to use this for or how to use it..lol

just testing to let you know:)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

FutureShock

FutureShock

Platinum Poster!

• Advanced Member
        • 636 posts
          Hey Gremm...

Yeah this one doesn't make much more sense to me than the MS Cardfile did.Can't add a pic or a vid and there's no way to move a card up or down the list.Not sure this one will meet Marko's approval based on my look over.Maybe it's a little short on features, etc...

Was hoping maybe we could set up some ideas with the cards. for the movie..maybe not.

OpenOffice has a feature where I can add a box and then add a pic or whatever and text and all.That's a cool way to break up a script into its segments.Trouble is there's no way to look at only the boxes.Would have to go through all the pages of the script to see them all.

PDF has that page viewer but I have no experience with pdf files other than reading them.I tried out the make a pdf online way back when that turned into a big feature of Adobe.I didn't have any need for the feature, but I guess it worked well enough.I don't even know if it's possible to edit a pdf directly without going through another program, etc.Guess I need to look into that.

That Storyboard Tools program is another program with very limited features.But the scenes can be broken up, etc. and all the pics viewed at once.It would be cool if we could just start with some pics.That might take alot of pressure off us to try to write something...

I'll post about the meeting you mentioned here ina minute.

Thanks for taking a look at this one...

marko

marko

Platinum Poster!

• Administrators
          • 12,258 posts
            Hey guys, I think that app does look a little limited FS, and I'm not sure if it would be worth adding that to the site given the limitations, I think I'd simply be adding it to the site for the sakes of adding it :good:
            Please post your queries, requests and enquiries in the forums - do not PM me directly as I cannot answer everyone individually - your post stands a much better chance of receiving multiple replies from other members too on the forums.

Please remember that we have people from many different timezones on the site and if your post requires a reply it could take longer at some at some points because of this.

Forums
            New Freeware on the site
            Updated Freeware on the site
            RSS Subscribe
            Report bad freeware here

FutureShock

FutureShock

Platinum Poster!

• Advanced Member
            • 636 posts
              OK Marko, thanks.Not exactly very developed I must say.I can't see how it could even be useful for anything much.

I hope something comes along some day when it comes to a card file.At the least seems like it should be possible to add card categories for a file like one for each letter A-Z or specify them yourself like, Scene 1, Scene 2, Sources, etc. or types of recipes (desserts, main dish, salad, etc.)

When I was in college, the teaching was to use notecards for research papers.Each source got a tab in the card file, then there was one for the source bibliography.Then you pull the cards, place them on the floor, put them in order, and number them once you have finished the research phase.From the cards the paper would develop alot easier.Little surprised I guess that card file software hasn't advanced more.Maybe I missed something out there...idk...

Thanks again Marko

Reply to this topic