VUE Mind Mapping Presentation Software?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

FutureShock

FutureShock

Platinum Poster!

• Advanced Member
  • 686 posts
    Hey, Marko.  I found one I think you might like.  The download requires users to sign up with the site, but the program was created at Tufts University, and I think their main interest is that users are able to update the program.  Submitted e-mail addresses do not require validation, and there is a choice on sign up to receive e-mail alerts of updates.  It was a simple process without the validation.

I have a mind mapper already called FreeMind, which is very basic.  This one is over the top in with features and doesn't compare with FreeMind.  First, the interface is much better.  Also, Images and URLs can be added to nodes, and there is even a feature for creating a presentation style file which moves through the map process.  For anyone with FreeMind this would be a big step up...

Not sure about the download process, but the program was clearly created by some of the staff at Tufts University, so at least it should be a safe download.  Seems safe to me so far, anyway.

Here is the link if you think it is worth a look:

http://vue.tufts.edu/download/index.cfm

marko

marko

Platinum Poster!

• Administrators
    • 12,311 posts
      Will get round to looking at this one over the weekend FS :)
      Please post your queries, requests and enquiries in the forums - do not PM me directly as I cannot answer everyone individually - your post stands a much better chance of receiving multiple replies from other members too on the forums.

Please remember that we have people from many different timezones on the site and if your post requires a reply it could take longer at some at some points because of this.

Forums
      New Freeware on the site
      Updated Freeware on the site
      RSS Subscribe
      Report bad freeware here

FutureShock

FutureShock

Platinum Poster!

• Advanced Member
      • 686 posts
        Thanks Marko.  Too bad there's not a sample to work with or a tutorial (I couldn't find one), but I did run across a YouTube video that has helped me understand the program a little better.  If you like, here's the vid:

FutureShock

FutureShock

Platinum Poster!

• Advanced Member
        • 686 posts
          Hey, marko:  Did this one slip through the cracks or is there a problem with it of some sort?  I have begun using this to scheme ideas, and it is really very good software.  The community couldn't be better as it is an open source community being managed by a university and there is good video support on YouTube.  I checked to see if it was up but was unable to locate it, so I thought I would check back with you about it.

marko

marko

Platinum Poster!

• Administrators
          • 12,311 posts
            Yep, this one definitely slipped through the cracks FS - just added it now though: https://freewarebb.com/files/file/11825-vue-mind-mapping-presentation/ :)
            Please post your queries, requests and enquiries in the forums - do not PM me directly as I cannot answer everyone individually - your post stands a much better chance of receiving multiple replies from other members too on the forums.

Please remember that we have people from many different timezones on the site and if your post requires a reply it could take longer at some at some points because of this.

Forums
            New Freeware on the site
            Updated Freeware on the site
            RSS Subscribe
            Report bad freeware here

FutureShock

FutureShock

Platinum Poster!

• Advanced Member
            • 686 posts
              Big thanks for this one.  I'm really becoming a fan in a hurry.  Gotta confess I don't know much about it yet, but I am getting great use of it still...