Advanced Uninstaller Pro - now freeware

9 replies to this topic

#1 James (Jim) Hillier

James (Jim) Hillier

Platinum Poster!

• Super Mod
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 11:35 PM

Hey Marko - Not sure it you've caught up with this news yet but this very good software has now been made frreeware. It is the latest full version, no limitations at all.

http://www.innovative-sol.com/newsletters/120322.htm
    http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/
    Jim Hillier - Managing editor Daves Computer Tips.com

#2 Gremlinn

Gremlinn

Platinum Poster!

• Advanced Member
    • 258 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 12:35 AM

Excellent find there Jim!
      I've used it in the past..great tool!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#3 marko

marko

Platinum Poster!

• Root Admin
      • 26,200 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 09:50 AM

Tad confused about this one Jimbo, the first link matches a listing we have already on the site (https://freewarebb.com/files/file/8929-advanced-uninstaller-101/) but worryingly it takes me to a developers page : http://www.innovative-sol.com/uninstaller-free/ which then states we may "upgrade" to the pro version (see here: http://www.innovative-sol.com/uninstaller-free/upgrade.htm) or try the "pro" version "free" for 20 days.

I downloaded from the second website and it does appear to be the same program (v10.6) but there is nothing in the "registered to" field but it also doesn't say it is a trial or anything like that.

I even rolled on my system clock a year and the program still works fine, so I'm wondering if this info is just old info and they haven't updated it yet or they could possibly have other idea's at some point soon - either way I'll update the listing we have just now and if anything changes it's not a drama to change it back or withdraw support if the pro version happens to revert back to a paid product :)

Please remember that we have people from many different timezones on the site and if your post requires a reply it could take longer at some at some points because of this.

Forums
        New Freeware on the site
        Updated Freeware on the site
        RSS Subscribe
        Report bad freeware here

#4 James (Jim) Hillier

James (Jim) Hillier

Platinum Poster!

• Super Mod
        • 1,081 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 12:05 PM

Hmm, yes I see what you mean mate. I think maybe the pages you linked to are old pages which haven't been updated yet - this is very recent news.

There is no mention of a Free version or upgrade on the home page and I checked the downloads from both pages I linked to, they appear to be identical. So I believe it is all above board.

Cheers... Jim
          Jim Hillier - Managing editor Daves Computer Tips.com

#5 marko

marko

Platinum Poster!

• Root Admin
          • 26,200 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 12:15 PM

No probs mate, updated the listing accordingly now too :)

Please remember that we have people from many different timezones on the site and if your post requires a reply it could take longer at some at some points because of this.

Forums
            New Freeware on the site
            Updated Freeware on the site
            RSS Subscribe
            Report bad freeware here

#6 FutureShock

FutureShock

Platinum Poster!

• Advanced Member
            • 225 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 02:24 PM

Hey guys.I received an e-mail from the developer of Advanced Uninstaller Pro about this a few days ago.I guess at some point I tried the software and signed up for e-mail updates.Jim beat me to the post.Here's some of the text of the e-mail:

"Hello! Good news!

Advanced Uninstaller PRO is now free!

Easily and completely remove any program from your computer, deleting all traces and leftovers. The latest release features full support for Windows 7, Windows 8 beta, Vista and XP, full support for both 32 bit and 64 bit platforms, an updated installation monitor and also an in-depth uninstallation scanner able to perform a thorough cleanup even for applications that were installed a long time ago.

Click here to get the latest release of Advanced Uninstaller PRO!"

http://www.innovative-sol.com/uninstaller/download10_auto.htm

I gave it a run through, and I was pretty impressed with all the features.It definitely looks nice.Overall, it's sort of like the ToolWiz beast, ToolWiz Care, but a little more geared toward beginner/intermediate users I would say.The best feature for me is the installation monitor.This is similar to InstallWatch 2.5 but with the added uninstaller feature.Nice, but I think I like ToolWiz TimeFreeze best for uninstalls...

#7 Claw

Claw

Platinum Poster!

• Advanced Member
              • 926 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 11:46 PM

Advanced Uninstaller Pro has got to have one of the best interfaces I've seen in a long time. Yea, it looks real good guys, but,,,yep,,here comes my but section of the post. I really can't find any advantage to the program that I can't get from the seperate programs I already have installed. Most features I already performed on my own and as for "Duplicate Files",,I really am weary of messing with those. So I think I'll keepmy old faithfuls I am used to and count on.

#8 Bala7

Bala7

Gold Poster!

• Advanced Member
                • 80 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 03:24 AM

Advanced Uninstaller has the ability to log all changes during most any program install including log all new registry entries. Very nice indeed!
                  Those who would surrender liberty for security deserve neither liberty nor security. ~ Benjamin Franklin

#9 FutureShock

FutureShock

Platinum Poster!

• Advanced Member
                  • 225 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 04:06 AM

Very nice Bala.

I would just say to be careful with using the tool for cleanups, in particular from the "Installed Programs" menu.AUP gives the impression with those red xs that you should remove some things that the .exe program can't be found for or whatever, but that can lead to problems.I just had a similar problem with it a couple of days ago.Not sure, but I think the program is unable to determine if you have, for example, upgraded a program to a new folder, when the upgrade may be using some of the same folders as before like in Docs & Settings>Adminstrator>Application Files>"Program Folder".AUP may use the information from the old folder to remove necessary files, idk.I lost MS Office and had to use the Windows XP Repair feature from the installation disk.It's all good now, after I updated some things to restore some .dll files, but I have learned why I have always been cautious when it comes to uninstaller programs.

Not sure if that's the issue when it comes to the cleanup, but I think there could be problems along these lines.I will say, the interface gives one the final choice on what to delete.

The install monitor and log, etc, along with the great layout and program design...reminds me of Avast in that way...make it a nice program.Just a note of caution about the one particular area.Not sure about the registry cleaner, but I think that could potentially be another area of concern for intermediate/beginner users.

#10 Claw

Claw

Platinum Poster!

• Advanced Member
                    • 926 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 05:00 AM

It's all about being careful and removing duplicate files is a very risky thing to mess with. But if I needed an uninstaller ,,AUP is the one to use.