DID YOU KNOW ...

FreewareBB isn't just another download site, it's a community of members who look out for one another, it's a site where we openly discuss bad freeware and tell you about it, it's a site where all downloads are scanned manually and it's the only freeware download site that checks the developers website against multiple site advisory services like WOT, SiteAdvisor and BrowserDefender to make sure they are safe for you to visit. We don't use popup advertising and your downloads start instantly, no hunting for the download button or jumping through hoops to find it!!. Safe, honest and reliable downloads, that's what FreewareBB stands for!!!.

"); //]]>
");

Microsoft Support

8 replies to this topic

#1 Claw

Claw

Platinum Poster!

• Advanced Member
  • 730 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 04:31 AM

I know a lot of users very often have some sort of a complaint about Microsoft,,myself included.
    But,, for the second time in about about a month and a half, I needed Microsoft Support. Also for the second time , I have had not one complaint I could make about Microsoft Support. Now before you think I'm crazy,,I honestly had a very helpful and polite representative on the other end of the phone.
    He asked all the right questions to get information on my problem, and also answered all my questions.
    With the help from this rep I was able to do exactly what was needed to straighten out my problem.
    I complain alot about MS,because of the forced upgrades in the OS we're using,,and the expense some of these forced upgrades cost. Everything seems to be geared toward Windows, and MS seems to have a monopoly on what we need and use. But for the second time in a month and a half ,,I would like to say "thank you" to my MS Support. I only wish I would have gotten his name, but he knows who he is.
    If Microsoft had more people like that on the payroll,, maybe their feedback would be more positive. :good:

#2 marko

marko

Platinum Poster!

• Root Admin
    • 25,880 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 07:39 AM

Good to hear MS's standards of support have improved - heard some horror stories myself :good:
      Please remember that we have people from many different timezones on the site and if your post requires a reply it could take longer at some at some points because of this.

Forums
      New Freeware on the site
      Updated Freeware on the site
      RSS Subscribe
      Report bad freeware here

#3 Claw

Claw

Platinum Poster!

• Advanced Member
      • 730 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 02:24 PM

I think this is still something to approach with caution. I would never put too much faith in any field where the ease of use is for the user.
        What I stumbled on could have been just dumb luck,,but I like to give credit where credit is due. I have also been part of those horror stories,,but both these instances seemed to be different at almost twice in a row. So I felt a good mention was due.

#4 jayesstee

jayesstee

Advanced Poster!

• Advanced Member
        • 17 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 04:58 PM

Not Microsoft, but I recently had reason to contact Norton help for a non-technical matter. I will not give details in case somebody uses it as the basis of a scam, but all I can say is that they could not have been more prompt, helpful and and unexpectedly generous. Speak as you find!

#5 Claw

Claw

Platinum Poster!

• Advanced Member
          • 730 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:50 PM

Maybe there's something in the drinking water jayesstee,lol. It really is hard to find help like that, but I'm glad it happened for you,buddy. Hopefully this kind of support can or will become an online trend. But I wouldn't hold my breath,lol.

#6 Bala7

Bala7

Advanced Member!

• Advanced Member
            • 44 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 06:55 PM

I think is may be due to Apple Care. Buying into the Apple ecosystem is expensive compared to PC yet Intel chip-sets in MACs are the very same chip-sets in PC. When one overpays for MAC hardware, what you're really paying for is Apple Care customer support which truly is excellent.

It is about time major PC publishers understand without excellent support they are discouraging future word of mouth.

Also, Microsoft has an automated online fix system called "Fixit." Although, for complex problem Fixit will be stumped - it does work for rudimentary issues.

Claw I have to ask, what does a sophisticated user like yourself need support with?
              Google search was not adequate?

#7 Claw

Claw

Platinum Poster!

• Advanced Member
              • 730 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 12:05 AM

Gee, thanks for the compliment FS, you over estimate me. I need help for a friend who had a Product Key issue, that's all,,disk and pc have no key sticker. I found the pc key but the disk didn't match. All worked out now. Really,,really helpful person on the other end, not anything like those rude ones I've encountered in recent years.

#8 Bala7

Bala7

Advanced Member!

• Advanced Member
                • 44 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 01:33 AM

"Product Key issue"
                  this may help in the future:
                  https://freewarebb.com/files/file/3230-belarc-advisor/

#9 Claw

Claw

Platinum Poster!

• Advanced Member
                  • 730 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 03:06 AM

Thanks alot Bala,,Ive use belarc before,,but it never crossed my mind this time. :good: