system boost awards fake malware

1 reply to this topic

#1 marko

marko

Platinum Poster!

• Root Admin
  • 26,368 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 11:02 AM

Came across a piece of software recently called "System Boost Elite" from systemboostelite.com, a relatively new download yet when I checked the "awards" the software had achieved I could find no mention of their software at all on a few of the download sites they claim the awards were from and the sites that did actually list their software didn't mention anything about awards to their software.

A scan using VirusTotal also showed up the following:

Comodo: UnclassifiedMalware
    Emsisoft: Adware.Win32.RealRegistryCleaner.AMN!A2
    NOD32: a variant of Win32/Adware.RealRegistryCleaner

All pretty respectable scanning engines I'd say so one to steer clear of perhaps yet maybe slightly more worrying is the fact the other reputable engines DIDN'T pick up on these inclusions to that software - false positive perhaps? Personally, I won't be taking the chance!!

Please remember that we have people from many different timezones on the site and if your post requires a reply it could take longer at some at some points because of this.

Forums
    New Freeware on the site
    Updated Freeware on the site
    RSS Subscribe
    Report bad freeware here

#2 Claw

Claw

Platinum Poster!

• Advanced Member
    • 1,077 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:30 PM

Man boss ,,this is a pathetic piece of work here. In my opinion you really can't get much lower than that.
      If you are going to go through all that trouble,,why not just do it right and honest, they could go so far if they just didn't take the easy and wrong way out.