"); //]]>
");

Are governments spending too much money on software?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic
"); //]]>

Poll: Are governments spending too much money on software? (5 member(s) have cast votes)

Are governments spending too much money on software?

1. Yes, definitely, and they should absolutely be moving to Open Source ASAP without question (1 votes [20.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

2. Yes, but it could take a long time for this to happen to make sure they don't make a complete mess of things as they usually do! (2 votes [40.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 40.00%

3. Yes, and I think they could even employ their own programmers and developers to design their own software! (1 votes [20.00%] - View)

4. No, the governments computer systems are too valuable to risk messing with it, I say better the devil you know (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

5. No, the price they pay is discounted anyway and they probably get the software for next to nothing (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

6. Other (please specify in your reply) (1 votes [20.00%] - View)

Vote Guests cannot vote

Claw

Claw

Platinum Poster!

• Advanced Member
  • 1,346 posts
    I think we're floating in the same boat JVD, and guess what?? We're pay taxes on it.

James Van Damme

James Van Damme

Advanced Poster!

• Advanced Member
    • 21 posts
      What peeves me is that the USA spends so much money on Microsoft. I worked for the Air Force and right now I'm using aPC that a guy bought to collect radar data. I recommended barebones "shoeboxes" from Tiger Direct, and he bought 20 of 'em. Then he proceeded to buy 20 retail copies of Windows XP! Well, that's still on there, but I run Mint 13 now.

It also bothers me how much money schools spend on Microsoft, when they can't afford it. And they have viruses galore.

Claw

Claw

Platinum Poster!

• Advanced Member
      • 1,346 posts
        My wife is a teacher in Mississippi and all their computers in school are still running Windows XP with AVG on them, and they are always getting viruses. I was even asked to diagnose the systems at onetime, but wasn't allowed to actually do anything. They have a contract for stuff like that. AVG is about the 4th AV they are using since I moved here 6 1/2 yrs. ago. The other problem with their systems is Spam, constantly, I think their computer people make sure it's "not" working well as possible, so they can have permanent job security.