10 replies to this topic

James (Jim) Hillier

James (Jim) Hillier

Platinum Poster!

• Super Mod
  • 1,207 posts
    ***FreewareBB Exclusive***
    wifi-iphone-transfer.jpg Phone Trans Pro
    iMobie has most generously donated 10 free licenses for Phone Trans Pro for us to giveaway to our members... Thank you iMobie!!

This terrific software would normally sell for $39.99us but you now have the chance to win a free license simply by submitting a reply to this article (we'd prefer if you commented on the Phone Trans Pro software)... Competition closes 16th July.

PhoneTrans Pro is the ultimate solution to transfer iPhone, iPad, iPod touch music and movies to/from computer, iTunes library or between iOS devices.
    Far beyond an ordinary iPhone transfer, PhoneTrans Pro allows you to perfectly gear iPhone, iPad, iPod touch to computer or iTunes library, even over Wi-Fi. Makes all your iPhone media content sharable freely!
    Read more on the Phone Trans HOME PAGE

(Review from Marko)
    As the mobile device becomes more and more popular, so does the need for a solid, reliable and cost effective method of making sure the content on those devices are kept safe. iTunes is a reasonably effective way of backing up that content, but there are flaws with this software - in fact, there is a massive flaw with this software.

As many have found to their cost, syncing with iTunes can remove all your music from your iOS device if the original data is no longer on your computer - effectively, only offering a one way sync from your computer to your iOS device. This isn't a problem under normal circumstances, but when your computer suffers a breakdown or you have to rebuild your computer it means the next time you "sync" your device with iTunes, the software will wipe anything from your iPhone or iPod that doesn't exist on your computer.

This has made a lot of people very nervous using iTunes, especially those who don't necessarily purchase their tracks through Apple's iStore and instead prefer to rip tracks from their favourite CD's. But, as a relative newcomer to the market, PhoneTrans have developed an extremely useful piece of software that can not only perform all the functions of iTunes, but can also prevent your extensive collection of music from being wiped from your device should your computer need to be replaced or restored.

Unlike iTunes, PhoneTrans can safely transfer all the data found on your iOS device back to your computer, and very quickly too!.

The free version of the software will do just that, but the paid version offers a great deal more flexibility and features such as the ability to use your wi-fi connection without iTunes and share your media between an unlimited amount of devices on your home network. The console also offers the ability to manage multiple iOS devices without the fear of wiping over anything or contaminating other's libraries, backup iPhone to iTunes library and drag and drop iTunes libraries onto the iPhone without the worry of erasing existing songs!.

Connecting and using PhoneTrans is no more difficult than using iTunes, and provides step by step instructions on how to start using the software which is great for beginners and offers peace of mind. Support is available for the paid version, and the company aim to get back to all users within 24 hours which is another impressive claim.

I've used the software since it's release, and it's simplicity is refreshing, the interface is familiar (like iTunes) and overall it resolves a problem that iTunes has always suffered from.

In short, PhoneTrans is iTunes, but on steroids, with a safety net to avoid the usual pitfalls that iTunes offers and any iPhone or iPod user who has suffered a complete wipeout of their music will presumably be asking only one question, why it took so long to arrive!!

COMPETITION RULES:
    • Simply post one reply to this thread. Replies can be anything but we'd prefer if you commented on Phone Trans Pro
    • Competition is for members only. If you are not a member; registration is easy and free. Simply register and you will be eligible to enter.
    • Posts must be made before midnight on 16th July. Any posts after the cut off will be deleted and will not count.
    • Only post one reply. Additional replies by the same member will be deleted. Users who abuse this rule may be banned from the contest.
    • On July 17th, 10 posts will be chosen by a random number generator as winners of one FREE license for Phone Trans Pro each.
    • Winners will be notified by email at the email address submitted for membership ? be sure to use a valid email that you check regularly.
    Best of luck to all entrants... and a big THANK YOU again to iMobie!
    Jim Hillier - Managing editor Daves Computer Tips.com

nomadfromx

nomadfromx

New Poster!

• Members
    • 2 posts
      I want this program!

D.resolute

D.resolute

Advanced Poster!

• Advanced Member
      • 16 posts
        I don't have this software, it looks excellent. Thank you Jim for posting this and nice review from Marko. I am downloading it from official site at this very moment when I am writing down my comment.

Really want to try the paid edition. One code please, thank you!!! :good:

JoninOz

JoninOz

Platinum Poster!

• Advanced Member
        • 161 posts
          As a member of the 'older generation' I have many types of music from the days when music was 'music to the ears', a pleasure to hear. I have had many problems in transferring my music, in a simplistic manner, to the required files and places on my devices.
          I have installed, and 'chucked in the bin', other 'you beaut' programmes which are almost useless. Thanks to FBB, I can find secure software, free of 'garbage', without wearing myself out by performing my own 'check this, check that' time consuming freeware checking.
          Any good, free acceptable programme which conforms with one's requirements is worth owning.
          Regardless of a win or no-win, I will trial the programme and advise my satisfaction or otherwise in the near future.
          As always,
          Thank you to Jim, marko and others for the opportunity to be involved.

JoeBlack40

JoeBlack40

New Poster!

• Members
          • 5 posts
            Well,i don't own an iPhone but i do own an iPod.And i love to listen music for my walks...now i'm using the PodTrans free version for transferring music (an excellent program btw),but i would like to have PhoneTrans pro version,as it can handle iPod too,even without iTunes...(at least they said it).So thank you developers,thank you FBB team!

Ralph C.

Ralph C.

Advanced Poster!

• Advanced Member
            • 26 posts
              This software just makes sense!I would love to use this for my various devices.Thanks to iMobie for making this offer.

Jenolan

Jenolan

New Poster!

• Members
              • 5 posts
                I recently had problems with my music library, if only I had this nifty little tool at the time I would have been able to simply nab all of the music off my iPad and been sweet instead I had to spend hours trying to re-load all of my stuff.

Lou M

Lou M

New Poster!

• Members
                • 2 posts
                  Great giveaway!

Plz count me in!

Mongoplus

Mongoplus

Advanced Poster!

• Advanced Member
                  • 29 posts
                    Please put my name in for this drawing.

I can use a program like this for all of my files.

Thank you for bringing this offer to us!!!!
                    Mongoplus

I am always on a quest to quench my thirst for knowledge!!!

jelson

jelson

New Poster!

• Advanced Member
                    • 9 posts
                      This is an application that definitely feels a need for those of us who shudder at the very thought of installing iTunes.

Thanks for the opportunity!