User Poll: Do you change your password(s) regularly?

Do you change your password(s) regularly as a safety precaution, or like many other people, do you enter a password only once and stick with it throughout the years online?
You can VOTE and discuss here

"); //]]>
Photo

Top 10 most downloaded software of all time on FreewareBB!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

marko

marko

Platinum Poster!

• Root Admin
  • 12,611 posts
    We don't normally provide list's like this because we realise that they can become outdated pretty quickly, but I had to share this with you out of, well, probably surprise and shock more than anything if I'm honest, because in our Top 10 most downloaded software of all time on FreewareBB are a few titles I personally wouldn't have expected to see here - what do you think? ....

10. VOR Tape (4,487 downloads)
    VOR Tape is a small and fast audio recording tool. It records within 2 or 3 clicks from start-up. 5 sample rates are available: 8 KHz, 11 KHz, 22 KHz, 32 KHz and 44 KHz all in mono.

9. mp3DirectCut (4,495 downloads)
    mp3DirectCut is a very small program that helps you edit MPEG audio directly. You can remove parts, change the volume, split files or copy regions to several new files.

8. eMule (5,468 downloads)
    easyMule is a free and open-source P2P software to share resources.

7. Daemon Tools Lite (6,072 downloads)
    Daemon-Tools is an advanced application for multiprotection emulation. It is further development of Generic Safedisc emulator and incorporates all its features.

6. Tibia (7,841 downloads)
    Tibia is a free fantasy massive multiplayer online role playing game (MMORPG).

5. mig33 (9,940 downloads)
    mig33 is an amazing service that allows you to chat and send instant messages, helps you save on your call costs, keep in touch with friends and even help you make new ones.

4. N (12,398 downloads)
    N has been described as reminiscent of lode runner -- you´re a Ninja running around in a puzzle-y world inhabited by enemies.

3. Calendar Magic (12,659 downloads)
    Calendar Magic is an easy-to-use Windows 7, Vista, XP, Me, 98, 95 based program that is entertaining, informative, educational, and of equal applicability in the home and in the office.

2. ImageMaster (13,781 downloads)
    ImageMaster is a .Net C# application for reading and writing disc images (*.iso files).

1. Project IGI Cheats (26,186 downloads)
    Project IGI Cheats is a lightweight and portable cheat program for the Project IGI 1 video game. The program comes as a zip archive weighting just 53 Kb. Just unzip the zip file into the game's installation directory and run IGI_Cheat.exe to start the program.

To see all of our files, in order of most downloaded, CLICK HERE.
      You can support FreewareBB and have adverts removed from your view by becoming a Verified Member!!

Please post your queries, requests and enquiries in the forums - do not PM me directly as I cannot answer everyone individually - your post stands a much better chance of receiving multiple replies from other members too on the forums.

Forums
      New Freeware on the site
      Updated Freeware on the site
      RSS Subscribe
      Report bad freeware here

FutureShock

FutureShock

Platinum Poster!

• Verified Member
      • 847 posts
        Daemon Tools Lite doesn't surprise me at 7. Other than that, I don't think I'd have guessed a single one of these. Calendar Magic sounds like something I'd really like to work with some. I'll try it at some point as I guess the numbers can't be wrong.

11-25 is almost as surprising, but I would say 3 or 4 of those I might have guessed. People really should be finding more of the portable system tools and maintenance apps. Also, the optimizer apps and other generally IT type lightweight apps. Those are the ones that will give people what they are looking for when it comes to the reliability and to the stable performance of their PC. They're the first ones to get. Good examples are SpeedFan or ProcessLasso. There are so many file management programs that are really great too. Q-Dir is good but there are many great options. Small programs like autoruns are good to have. That's another one I like to recommend, even though the important Windows start up menu can be found in CCleaner which I also recommend. Every PC operator should be able to understand the importance of and use autoruns, though. The last one I will mention are from MS...Process Explorer. Can't forget a good System Information program like PC Wizard. Desktop meters help, too. Again, these are the first things people should be going for on a new machine...just my opinion...

JoninOz

JoninOz

Platinum Poster!

• Verified Member
          • 305 posts
            Good one, marco.

An interesting part of your comment F/S........
            ............ Every PC operator should be able to understand the importance of and use autoruns, though..........

From my long-time experience, a large majority of PC operators just 'jump in and drive', no autoruns, outdated A/V, no malware destroyers, no maintenance etc;........then complain at the cost of resurrection by a 'techie'!

Claw

Claw

Platinum Poster!

• Verified Member
              • 1,569 posts
                Got that right my friends, Jonno, my friends don't complain about cost, they just come knocking on my door with a pathetic look on their faces saying, " Claw if you got time to look at this, let me know how much and when I get the money.....". Or, "Hey Claw, can you do me a favor" ??
                That's why I practice saying "NO" so much.

FutureShock

FutureShock

Platinum Poster!

• Verified Member
                  • 847 posts
                    Thanks Jonno...good point...

Claw, you are a sucker from the word go amigo. Seriously, I would break it worse, so I just stand clear, especially when it comes to viruses and malware. The best I ever can do is suggest one of the tech sites for a serious repair or FBB for software and advice...

Claw

Claw

Platinum Poster!

• Verified Member
                      • 1,569 posts
                        Oh, I catch back on the favors FS, don't worry about that, I always catch back. But most of the time I can take care of the problem pretty quick and easy. It's my problems that are usually so difficult.

JoninOz

JoninOz

Platinum Poster!

• Verified Member
                          • 305 posts
                            I don't have many friends or family locally since moving house, but I get the phone calls, "Jonno, how do I fix XYZ problem, will you email the details ".
                            The phone calls are infrequent now since my answer is, " If you allow me to log into your computer, I can probably fix it myself from here, and you will see the cursor which I am using, not you".

The answer is generally, "Er.....er....er....er.....YOU can see what is in my computer !"

I answer, "Yes", and the general reply is, "Oh, I didn't want to trouble you, I will try a few things and let you know".

"OK, Bye Y'all!", says Ii'l ol' me.