Help support the cleanest, safest and most pro-active download site around

We serve hundreds and thousands of pages across the world on a regular basis and rely entirely on revenue generated by our advertising and donations.
We are THE ONLY download site that goes to the lengths we do to ensure our downloads are safe, clean and from responsible developers - please help support us by making a donation today, no matter how small or large, every donation is appreciated. Thank you in advance and have a wonderful Christmas when it arrives.
Marko and The FreewareBB Team (PS - thanks to those who have already donated)

"); //]]>
");

Printing Emails in Windows Live Mail

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

jayesstee

jayesstee

Platinum Poster!

• Advanced Member
  • 168 posts
    I use (and am mostly happy with) Windows Live Mail.  I tried Thunderbird but didn't find it suited me as well as WLM.

However, I don't find the print function very sophisticated.  Using the print function doesn't allow me to choose pages or parts of pages, suppress headers or any other 'edit' task.  Am I missing something or is there an add-on or stand alone program that will allow this?

What I would ideally like is something that gives the functions of Firefox extension 'Print Edit' which allows bespoke printing of web pages.
    Any ideas Guys?

BTW, I thoroughly recommend this Firefox extension 'Print Edit' and I could do a very brief review if marko thought it appropriate.

James (Jim) Hillier

James (Jim) Hillier

Platinum Poster!

• Super Mod
    • 1,240 posts
      Hi JST - Would love to be able to help mate but, unfortunately, I don't know of any software designed for the purpose you have in mind.

Apart from the usual highlighting of text and using the File/Print option, or copy and paste, I think you might be stuck with WLM's inept Print function.

Cheers... Jim
      Jim Hillier - Managing editor Daves Computer Tips.com

jayesstee

jayesstee

Platinum Poster!

• Advanced Member
      • 168 posts
        Hi Jim - Thanks for the prompt reply.

I don't have the "usual highlighting of text and using the File/Print option".   When I highlight and print via any of the two print 'routes' I get the whole document.  I don't why it doesn't work for me, another of those mysteries I find with Microsoft.

My work-around is to print to "Nitro Print Creator" (a printer option) and then edit the PDF in Nitro.

Claw

Claw

Platinum Poster!

• Advanced Member
        • 1,423 posts
          Hey jay, you didn't think anything with the first name of Windows would make you 100% happy did you ?? I'm checking too buddy but I think Jim may be right.