Wubi doesn't install

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Claw

Claw

Platinum Poster!

• Advanced Member
  • 1,414 posts
    Hey guys, I have a problem. A computer I had to reload had Ubuntu install in Windows through Wubi. Well, I had to format and reinstall Win XP SP3. Everything went perfect, until I download Wubi from FBB of course, and installed it, then the usually Ubuntu install followed and after about an hour or so it was complete and I had to reboot according to instructions. When the PC started I choice the Ubuntu boot and that's it, Ubuntu won't load. I even clicked the Ubuntu recovery and all it does is say the clock is off then it fixes it but no Ubuntu. On another try, again in recovery it turns on Shadow Passwords, but no Ubuntu. This can go on forever. I tried it on another machine and the same thing happened, but that machine is missing files and needs a repair, but the first PC was just reloaded and has no programs download on it but Ccleaner and Avast Free. Any thoughts ??

marko

marko

Platinum Poster!

• Administrators
    • 12,327 posts
      If the problem exist's on more than one machine, I'd be inclined to try downloading the software again and starting from scratch ... trying to diagnose dual boot issue's can be a nightmare when we have access to the machine, let alone when we don't. Out of interest, what was wrong with the machine in the first place that made you rebuild it?.
      FreewareBB - Keeping You Safe Since 2007

Please post your queries, requests and enquiries in the forums - do not PM me directly as I cannot answer everyone individually - your post stands a much better chance of receiving multiple replies from other members too on the forums.

Forums
      New Freeware on the site
      Updated Freeware on the site
      RSS Subscribe
      Report bad freeware here

Claw

Claw

Platinum Poster!

• Advanced Member
      • 1,414 posts
        Hey marko, the guy was uninstalling some programs that were not needed anymore and in the process off removing leftover files, he deleted something that kept IE 8 from working. When he tried to remove IE 8 to reinstall, it would BSOD, and Windows update wouldn't work, MSE stopped working too. I've tried to install the Wubi / Ubuntu twice and the same thing happens, other than that everything is running without a problem, good as new.

marko

marko

Platinum Poster!

• Administrators
        • 12,327 posts
          The only time I've heard of an issue with IE8 and uninstalling/conflicting issue's is when SP3 is installed on XP ... I've not had much dealings with it but I know some have had to uninstall SP3, fix IE8 but reinstalling and then update to SP3 again. This obviously doesn't explain the issue with Ubuntu at that moment but I'm wondering if you're applying all the patches/updates (including SP3 for XP), does the same happen if you don't apply SP3?.
          FreewareBB - Keeping You Safe Since 2007

Please post your queries, requests and enquiries in the forums - do not PM me directly as I cannot answer everyone individually - your post stands a much better chance of receiving multiple replies from other members too on the forums.

Forums
          New Freeware on the site
          Updated Freeware on the site
          RSS Subscribe
          Report bad freeware here

Claw

Claw

Platinum Poster!

• Advanced Member
          • 1,414 posts
            No go buddy, with or without SP3 the Wubi / Ubuntu won't work. I just tried to install it on another computer , an XP and the same thing happens. I'm just going to tell him that if he really wants it, to download the ios and burner himself a CD.
            Thanks for your time marko, see you around FBB.