User Poll: Your images belong to us now .. right or wrong?

Whether you are an amateur photographer or simply enjoy sharing photo's of your family on Facebook, your uploaded photographs will soon be available for anyone to copy and use in whatever way they want, even for profit, unless you pay to have them registered and protected!.
You can VOTE and discuss here

"); //]]>
Photo

Your media - prefer to buy from shop or download?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

"); //]]>

Poll: Your media - prefer to buy from shop or download file to your computer or phone? (8 member(s) have cast votes)

Your media - prefer to buy from shop or download file to your computer or phone? (you can choose more than one answer)

1. I would prefer to buy the physical movie DVD from a shop or online, NOT download it (6 votes [42.86%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 42.86%

2. I would prefer to buy the physical music CD from a shop or online, NOT download it (3 votes [21.43%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 21.43%

3. I would prefer to download the movie file to my computer or phone (1 votes [7.14%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.14%

4. I would prefer to download the music file to my computer or phone (3 votes [21.43%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 21.43%

5. I've not really bought any media for a while so wouldn't be bothered either way to be honest (1 votes [7.14%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.14%

Vote Guests cannot vote

marko

marko

Platinum Poster!

• Root Admin
  • 12,586 posts

In an age where a lot of people are now choosing to download their media rather than go out to the shops and buy it, I'm wondering how you do it.

Personally, I'm not a massive movie fan, and most of the time I'll use Spotify for my music on the computer, so I rarely do either, but I guess if I desperately wanted a movie, I'd probably still go and physically purchase it or order it online, rather than download the actual movie file from iTunes or elsewhere whereas for future music purchases, I'd be inclined to say I'd download them to my computer or phone (which, believe it or not, surprised even me!!) :good:

Actually, thinking more about it, I can't tell you the last time I switched on my stereo in the house - as I say, I use Spotify and my audio system attached to the computer normally, or the cable on TV.

What about you, buy the physical media or download it?

You can support FreewareBB and have adverts removed from your view by becoming a Verified Member!!

Please post your queries, requests and enquiries in the forums - do not PM me directly as I cannot answer everyone individually - your post stands a much better chance of receiving multiple replies from other members too on the forums.

Forums
      New Freeware on the site
      Updated Freeware on the site
      RSS Subscribe
      Report bad freeware here

Bob

Bob

Advanced Poster!

• Verified Member
      • 22 posts

I would be much more likely to buy physical copies of a CD or DVD than download it for 2 reasons. First, I have two grown children (in their forties, if you still call that a child) with whom I regularly swap movies and music. Secondly, if my computer was to crash, I would like to know that my entertainment wasn't lost. I apply the same logic to software that I would like to be able to reloadin case of a failure.

FutureShock

FutureShock

Platinum Poster!

• Verified Member
          • 823 posts

I would go with Bob's approach, but I wouldn't rule out downloading movies or music. As it is, I mostly listen to the radio (mostly in the car) and just watch whatever happens to be on the television. I don't have an Ipod or Ipad or Iphone or whatever...

If I can ever get a home entertainment center that isn't laden with wires and complicated parts, I will be mostly buying CDs/DVDs...

Edited by FutureShock, 23 April 2013 - 05:10 PM.

Claw

Claw

Platinum Poster!

• Verified Member
              • 1,552 posts

Man I'm old school. I have a little iPod 1st Generation-hardly use it, a pocket MP3 Player-use it when I'm riding my mower cutting 3 acres of grass, DVD Player for movies, but my Stereo and CDs' are right next to my recliner and so are my big ole headphones so I can just sit a jam away buddy. Like I said, old school. :music:

Ralph C.

Ralph C.

Advanced Member!

• Verified Member
                  • 31 posts

Not everyone is blessed with unlimited high speed connections. So downloading or watching movies or video on the computer is not realistic for me. I do however, download mp3 files from time to time. But really, don't watch movies much on the DVD player either.

quiet

quiet

New Poster!

• Members
                      • 4 posts

My situation is similar to Raph C. I have limited internet speed (52KBytes/s maximum but usually it runs at 33KBytes/s) and also limited data allowance of 8Gb per month which is shared with family. I haven't ever bought a Movie DVD on or offline. The last CD I bought was about 4 years ago and bought that via online store. Seldom listen to music online.

If your poll had been about PC Games on the other hand, I could say that I buy them from a physical store if they are large games but for smaller ones running to no more than a few hundred Mb I sometimes buy digital the download version. I was "caught" by Steam once when I bought a game from them that I thought was fairly small but if turned out to be over 6Gb and after several months of on/ off downloading of the file I've almost got it. Just hope it's not corrupted.

Claw

Claw

Platinum Poster!

• Verified Member
                          • 1,552 posts

Guys, my situation is that I just like to be able see and physically pick up and inspect my movies and music DVDs and CDs, I like to personally first hand see what I'm getting for my money. My wife has bought CDs for me on ebay already, but I go to the store and buy my stuff.

Andem

Andem

New Poster!

• Administrators
                              • 9 posts

I've been downloading media since the mid 90s and my music has been digital since then. I've become a big fan of Netflix and Hulu, despite living in Germany for part of the year.. I just connect to a US or UK VPN when I want to stream movies, TV and such.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Alexa (1)